Update on COVID-19 and Join Dementia Research
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for research:
- Some dementia research studies that had been put on hold are now restarting.
- You may find fewer studies open at the moment, and if you contact researchers they may take longer than usual to respond.
- There are many studies on Join Dementia Research that do not involve person-to-person contact, such as online studies. These studies will continue.
We will keep this site as up to date as possible while things are changing. Please check our news pages for more information.
Looking after yourself
- For information about how to care for yourself or a loved one, please visit the NHS website.
- Alzheimer’s Research UK has produced a useful video for people affected by dementia at this time.
Welcome to Join Dementia Research, a place to register your interest in taking part in vital dementia research.
Dementia affects more than 850,000 people in the UK.
Research is the best way to make a difference.
Help advance dementia care and treatments
Registering is the first step to getting involved in supporting research studies across the UK.
Anyone over the age of 18 can sign up:
- People with dementia or memory problems
- Carers for people with dementia or memory problems
- Anyone else who is interested
You can also sign up on behalf of someone else, providing that you have their consent.
News & Info
Stay in touch with all the latest developments on our 'News & Info' page.
Hear from people who have taken part in dementia research in 'Your stories'.