Update on COVID-19 and Join Dementia Research
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for research:
- There are many studies on Join Dementia Research that do not involve person-to-person contact, such as online studies. These studies are continuing as normal.
- Important research studies into COVID-19 and dementia are ongoing, and currently recruiting via Join Dementia Research.
- Many more research studies are now once again welcoming patients to take part, either by phone or video call, or in a healthcare setting, now that there are fewer patients needing care for COVID-19.
- Researchers are doing everything they can to keep research participants safe. You can find out more about the measures that have been put in place on the Be Part of Research website.
We will keep this site as up to date as possible while things are changing. Please check our news pages for more information.
Looking after yourself
- For information about how to care for yourself or a loved one, please visit the NHS website.
- Alzheimer’s Research UK has produced a useful video for people affected by dementia at this time.
Welcome to Join Dementia Research, a place to register your interest in taking part in vital dementia research.
Dementia affects more than 850,000 people in the UK.
Research is the best way to make a difference.
Help advance dementia care and treatments
Registering is the first step to getting involved in supporting research studies across the UK.
Anyone over the age of 18 can sign up:
- People with dementia or memory problems
- Carers for people with dementia or memory problems
- Anyone else who is interested
You can also sign up on behalf of someone else, providing that you have their consent.
News & Info
Stay in touch with all the latest developments on our 'News & Info' page.
Hear from people who have taken part in dementia research in 'Your stories'.